To ensure that all visitors enjoy their visit to The Word we ask that you follow some simple building rules:
- You may only consume food and drink which has been purchased from Café @ The Word inside the building. No food or drink can be consumed in the Exhibition Space, Display Pod, Caer Urfa Pod, StoryWorld or the FabLab.
- The Word is a non-smoking building; this includes electronic cigarettes
- Whilst mobile phones are permitted please be aware of visitors around you whilst making calls
- CCTV is in operation throughout the building at all times to ensure the safety and security of visitors, staff and building contents
- Staff have the right to work in a safe environment free from violence, abuse or threatening behaviour. South Tyneside Council reserves the right to remove any person acting in an unacceptable manner
- Children under 8 years must be accompanied on the rooftop viewing terrace by a responsible adult aged 16 or over
- Children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the building
Inside Exhibition Space, Display Pod and Caer urfa Pod
- Please do not consume any food or drink
- Please refrain from touching the walls, works of art on display and glass cabinets. Even clean hands can damage surfaces. There are lots of interactive activities that you will be able to enjoy, these are clearly marked within the exhibition.
- Photography is allowed within The Word’s Exhibition Space, Display Pod and Caer Urfa Pod but must be for personal, non-commercial purposes only. It’s the visitor’s responsibility to ensure no copyright is infringed
- Flash photography and use of tripods is prohibited within the building
- Video filming is not permitted within the building without prior permission from The Word Library staff
- Photography for commercial purposes is not permitted within the building without prior permission from The Word Library staff
- Please note: photographs might be taken during events at The Word. Any issues please speak to a member of staff