Our Bronze Corporate sponsorship package provides organisations with the opportunity to publicly support The Word whilst also receiving a range of tangible benefits.
The Word is the centrepiece of a £100million regeneration plan for South Shields Town Centre. Through a rolling programme of exhibitions, events and writers in residence The Word will celebrate the written word to inspire, educate and entertain. The building is set to become an important part of the North East cultural offer.
The exhibition programme within the main ground floor space will host content of national significance which will link to community engagement and learning activities.
The Word will provide a new home for North East writers. This will include supporting new writers of all ages through workshops and writing clubs. A wide ranging writers in residence programme will put The Word at the heart of the North East creative sector. We will commission writers to produce new works taking inspiration from the area’s literary heritage stretching back to the Venerable Bede but then also bringing things right up to date by asking writers to respond to the latest technology and our innovative exhibition programme.
Plus on the first floor there will be a rolling programme of exhibitions taking inspiration from South Tyneside and regional archive.
The Word also contains a number of meeting rooms and spaces which are available for organisations to hire for meetings and events.
South Tyneside has a fantastic reputation for producing high quality popular programming. The Word will look to build on this reputation by curating truly innovative and inspiring programming which will attract visitors from across the Borough, the North East and the wider UK. The entire content of the National Centre for the Written Word has been designed to appeal to a broad cross section of the population who are interested in culture and visiting iconic cultural venues. There is also a high quality range of activities for families.
Based on an assessment of the quality of the offer in particular within the main exhibition space independent cultural sector consultants have estimated the total footfall into the building as circa 500,000 per annum.
Benefits of Sponsorship
As a Bronze Corporate Sponsors you will receive:
- Invitations to attend all VIP preview and opening events for all programming across the building
- Your support will be acknowledgement on the supporters display situated in the main entrance to the building. You will also receive accreditation on our website and in selected print materials
- Invitations to any VIP networking events
- Discounted rates when hiring any of the main meeting spaces within the building. This will include the Catherine Cookson Room, Charles Dickens Room and Round @ The Word
- We will undertake high profile marketing campaigns to promote the building and its many attractions and programme of activity. This will target visitors within a 2 hour drive time. Acknowledgement of your support will appear on a range of materials
- Access to The Word images for promotional purposes
Bronze Corporate sponsorship will allow you to:
- Associate your organisation with the North East’s newest national cultural institution
- Access the estimated 500,000 people who will visit The Word each year
- Enjoy unique networking and corporate hospitality opportunities for your organisation and your clients and partners
- Benefit from discounted venue hire and special group rates at paid events for your staff
- Demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social responsibility in the North East
The cost of Bronze Corporate sponsorship is £2500 plus VAT
If you are interested in finding out more about this sponsorship opportunity please contact Tania Robinson, Head of Marketing and Communications, South Tyneside Council: email@example.com