£8 per workshop
Suitable for ages 16+
We will be joined by the amazing Murder Squad, a collective of six crime writers from the North of England, for a jam-packed weekend of workshops and author talks.
The Murder Squad is made up of acclaimed authors Ann Cleeves, Martin Edwards, Kate Ellis, Margaret Murphy (Ashley Dyer), Chris Simms and Cath Staincliffe.
Whether you’re a fan of their novels, an aspiring writer wanting some tips, or like to channel your inner detective – there is something for you.
If you want to be the next big crime writer this is a day not to be missed! You can attend a selection of workshops with the fantastic Murder Squad authors, learn tips and gain insider knowledge about how to make it in the industry. You will also be able to attend a free session all about forensics with Helen Pepper at 10.30am. The workshops run 11.30am-1pm and 2-3.30pm and include:
- Writing the detectives with Cath Staincliffe
- Up the garden path – plotting a twisty mystery with Martin Edwards
- Secrets of self-publishing: become an indie author with Chris Simms
- Creating credible villains and cracking prose with Margaret Murphy
- Writing the past – writing historical crime from research to final draft with Kate Ellis
- Practical forensics for beginners with Helen Pepper – forensics expert and adviser on Vera and Shetland
You will also get the chance to buy their books and get them signed.
Workshops are priced at £8 each and you will need to book tickets in advance to secure your place at your desired workshop.
By booking tickets for this event, you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions.
If you have a disability of any kind or you require special assistance, please contact us on 0191 427 1818.