£10 for the full day
Suitable for ages 16+
We will be joined by the amazing Murder Squad, a collective of six crime writers from the North of England, for a jam-packed weekend of workshops and author talks.
The Murder Squad is made up of acclaimed authors Ann Cleeves, Martin Edwards, Kate Ellis, Margaret Murphy (Ashley Dyer), Chris Simms and Cath Staincliffe.
Whether you’re a fan of their novels, an aspiring writer wanting some tips, or like to channel your inner detective – there is something for you.
The Murder Squad will be joined by forensic expert Helen Pepper for this all day event aimed at book lovers. You will have the chance to attend different author sessions, pose questions to the full panel and meet the squad!
After the introduction, Dr Jacky Collins will chair two separate panel discussions with the authors, where you will get to find out more about them and their careers. Following this, you will get the chance to attend your choice of two sessions with individual authors to hear more about their work, characters and how they got to where they are now. To finish the day you will be able to meet the authors, get books signed and ask questions in the final panel discussion, again hosted by Jacky Collins.
- 10am: Registration
- 10.30am: Welcome and intro
- 10.50am: Panel discussion lead by Dr Jacky Collins – Murder off the Page with Cath Staincliffe, Ann Cleeves and Chris Simms
- 11.40am: Break (refreshments served)
- 12.10pm: Panel discussion lead by Dr Jacky Collins – Research: Do Facts Matter with Margaret Murphy, Helen Pepper, Kate Ellis and Martin Edwards
- 1pm: Break
- 1.45pm: Meet the authors – session 1. The six authors will meet readers to discuss their work in individual and informal groups
- 2.30pm: Break
- 2:45pm: Meet the authors – session 2. The six authors will meet readers to discuss their work in individual and informal groups
- 3.30pm: Break (refreshments served) with book signing
- 4pm: Full Squad panel discussion lead by Dr Jacky Collins where they share their reading passions and allow readers to do the same
- 5pm: Finish
Tickets are priced at £10 for this event. On the day during registration, you will be able to choose which ‘Meet the author’ sessions you would like to go to. This will be on a first come, first served basis.
By booking tickets for this event, you are agreeing to our booking terms and conditions.
If you have a disability of any kind or you require special assistance, please contact us on 0191 427 1818.