We are looking for friendly, approachable volunteers to help add value to the visitor experience at The Word.
Initially we would like the volunteers to work weekends, with the possibility of weekdays in the future.
We would like you to:
- Give informed guided tours of our award-winning building; this includes a tour of our Port of Tyne exhibition space which currently features a pirate exhibition, but will change every 6 months.
- Staff our Port of Tyne exhibition space (answering visitor questions, interacting and encouraging people to play the interactive games and look around the rest of the building).
- Interact with children and families in Dictionary Corner (including showing visitors how the machine works, encouraging children to spell words and making sure visitors are enjoying their trip).
- Interact with children and families in the Kids’ Activity Area and encourage them to use the free craft activities.
Why get involved?
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in working with children, families and members of the community.
You will be gaining invaluable experience while meeting new people along the way in a fun and creative space.
How to get involved?
- Fill in an application form online
- Or collect an application form from Shop@TheWord and hand it in
- If you have been successful, we will invite you to discuss the opportunity further
- Working as part of a team
- Customer Service
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Working with the public
- Meeting new people
- Arts and culture
If you have any more questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org