The Word Champions
We are looking for friendly, approachable volunteers to help add value to the visitor experience at The Word.
We would like you to:
- Give informed guided tours of our award-winning building; this includes a tour of our Port of Tyne exhibition space which currently features a pirate exhibition, but will change every 6 months.
- Staff our Port of Tyne exhibition space (answering visitor questions, interacting and encouraging people to play the interactive games and look around the rest of the building).
- Interact with children and families in Dictionary Corner (including showing visitors how the machine works, encouraging children to spell words and making sure visitors are enjoying their trip).
- Interact with children and families in the Kids’ Activity Area and encourage them to use the free craft activities.
Why get involved?
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in working with children, families and members of the community.
You will be gaining invaluable experience while meeting new people along the way in a fun and creative space.
How to get involved?
- Fill in an application form online
- Or collect an application form from Shop@TheWord and hand it in
- If you have been successful, we will invite you to discuss the opportunity further
- Working as part of a team
- Customer Service
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Working with the public
- Meeting new people
- Arts and culture
If you have any more questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org